Stream is aware when you visit our site or use our products or services, information is created. Because we know your privacy is important, we developed this policy to explain what information we collect and how we use and protect that information. We hope that you find the policy useful so that you may continue to enjoy all of our products and services and make informed choices about the information you share.
Types of Information Collected:
REVISED MARCH 04, 2015
We collect information from you to improve both our relationship with you and the products and services we offer. This way, we can learn how to improve them or tailor them to your needs. Some of the information we collect:
- Account Information includes your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and service-related details such as credit card information, payment data, security codes, service history and other information like this needed to service your account. This is commonly known as “personal identifying information;”
- Performance & Usage Information tells us how you use our mobile and energy services, including other products and services we sell or provide related to those services, how well our services are performing, for forecasting needs (e.g., how much energy you may need during peak and off-peak hours during the day); and information relevant to programs regarding energy efficiency or low-income assistance, should you choose to participate in those programs;
- Web Browsing & Wireless Application Information tells us about the websites you visit and the mobile applications you use. It also helps us to assist you when ordering products or services; and
- Location Information may tell us where your mobile device is located including your street address and ZIP code. IMPORTANT: Please note this does not mean that such information will help locate or assist you in the event of an emergency (i.e., 9-1-1 call) and you should not rely on location information or locating capabilities either on your device or as part of our mobile service for that reason.
How We Collect Information:
We collect information in three basic ways:
- When you do things like make a purchase from us;
- How you use our products and services; and
- Other sources, like credit agencies, marketing companies, and other service providers who provide it to us.
Use of Information:
In general, we use your personal information to manage your account, communicate with you, improve our provision of products and services to you, and to enhance your experience. Specifically, we may use your personal information to:
- Personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- Improve our products and services and develop new ones (we continually strive to improve our offerings);
- Market products and services to you from either our company or one of our affiliate companies.
- Process transactions, generate your invoice, and provide other billing and payment services to you;
- Offer you special programs or opportunities regarding saving money on your energy bill or energy savings techniques;
- Plan, implement, or evaluate energy management, demand response, or energy efficiency programs under contract with us;
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other offering or promotion;
- Do marketing and other research and analysis to better maintain, protect, develop, and understand usage of our products and services;
- Administer, manage, and improve our products, services, and operations
- Communicate with you regarding any of the above or regarding occasional company news, updates, or related product or service information; and
- Assist in the prevention and investigation of illegal activities and violations of our agreements and other policies.
How and When We Share Your Information:
Stream never sells your information to third parties. However, we do have to share some of the information to better serve you. Some examples are as follows:
- Across Stream companies to give you the best customer experience and to help you more easily access the products and services we offer;
- With other companies that perform services on our behalf only as needed for them to perform those services for us. Please note that we require them to protect your information consistent with our Policy.
- With other companies and entities, to:
- Respond, if necessary and possible, to 9-1-1 requests and other emergencies or exigencies;
- Comply with court orders and other legal processes;
- Assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and/or identity theft;
- Enforce our agreements and property rights; and
- Obtain payment for products and services including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts to third parties for collection
We want you to know that we don't knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child's parent or legal guardian.
Your California Privacy Rights:
California Web Site Data Collection & "Do Not Track" Notices:
Web Site Data Collection: We do not knowingly allow other parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites when you use our websites and services.
"Do Not Track" Notice: Because internet and mobile network providers "do not track" and similar signals do not yet operate according to common, industry-accepted standards, Stream and the networks on which we operate currently do not respond to those signals. For more information on Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with these requirements, or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Stream, 1950 N. Stemmons Freeway, Suite 3000, Dallas, Texas 75207.
As previously stated, Stream does not sell any information that personally identifies you. We only keep the information for as long as we need it for business, tax or legal purposes. After that, we destroy it by making it unreadable or undecipherable.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via secured technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. Some other examples of technology we use to protect your information are:
- Maintaining and protecting the security of computer storage and network equipment, and our security procedures require employee user names and passwords to access sensitive data;
- Applying encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect personal identifying information when stored or transmitted by us;
- Limiting access to personal identifying information to only those at Stream whose jobs require such access;
- Requiring caller/online authentication before providing customer account information. This way, only you or someone who knows your information will be able to access or change the information.
- Although we strive to keep your personal identifying information secure, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot guarantee that this information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy (for example, as the result of unauthorized intentional or unintentional acts by third parties that violate the law or this Policy).
Finally, we will make reasonable attempts to notify you if we determine that we have experienced a security breach and there is a reasonably likely risk of identity theft, or where notification is otherwise required by law.
Access to Your Information:
You may contact us ask to review the personal identifying information we have on file to make sure it is correct.
In the event of a change in corporate ownership, information about our customers and users, including personal identifying information, may be shared and transferred as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider. This also applies in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which customer and user records would be transferred to another entity as a result of such a proceeding.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies and practices. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How to Contact Us About this Policy:
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Write to us at Stream, 1950 N. Stemmons Freeway, Suite 3000, Dallas, Texas 75207.
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI):
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) is information that Stream and other telecommunications carriers obtain when providing your telecommunications services to you. CPNI includes the types of telecommunications services you currently purchase, how you use them, and the billing information related to those services, including items such as the types of local, long distance and wireless telecommunications services that you have purchased and your calling details. Your telephone number, name and address are not considered CPNI.
Use and Disclosure of CPNI:
We and the telecommunications carriers with whom we operate use your CPNI to offer you additional services of the type you already purchased. We also may use your CPNI to offer you products and services, packages, discounts and promotions from Stream companies, such as devices, wireless service and other Stream home services, which may be different from the types of services you already purchase.
Restricting our use of your CPNI:
If you wish to restrict our use of your CPNI for marketing purposes, you may contact a customer service representative at the customer service phone number located on your Stream bill.
Restricting our use of your CPNI for marketing purposes will not affect the provision of any Stream products or services to which you subscribe, nor will it eliminate all types of Stream marketing contacts.