Earth Day 2020
Posted On: April 21, 2020
People all over the world are stepping up their conservation efforts to join the fight to protect our planet. This Earth Day, we want to give you even more ideas to celebrate the beautiful world we live in and help you become more energy conscious.
- Make the switch to nontoxic cleaning products.
- Substitute one drive for a carpool, bike ride or public transportation route to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Eliminate your use of disposable and single-use plastics like straws, bags and bottles.
- Fix leaky faucets and showerheads at home to avoid wasting water, and take shorter showers.
- Wash clothes in cold water and hang them to dry on a clothesline if possible.
- Only run your dishwasher when there’s a full load.
- Reduce your garbage by recycling paper, plastic and glass. Look for the recycle symbol!
- Change the filter in your home’s heating and cooling system and in your car regularly to make sure both are running as efficiently as possible.
- Get your hands in some dirt by planting a tree or starting a garden!
- Enroll in Paperless Billing and reduce the excess paper you receive at home.
- Make sure a portion of your energy supply comes from renewable sources. With eco+ and our Green & Clean plans, our Stream Green initiative has plenty of options.