Starting Off 2012 with a Bang!
Posted On: December 28, 2011
By Senior Director of Communications Paul Thies
Don’t forget that Stream Energy will once again sponsor the WFAA Big D New Year’s Eve fireworks spectacular in Victory Park. Also, be sure to visit the Stream Energy YouTube channel to catch a sneak peek at the upcoming television promotional spots.
With over 35,000 people in attendance and simulcast to over 6.6 million households across Texas and beyond, the Big D NYE 2012 event is one of the largest New Year’s Eve celebrations in the United States.
Besides the WFAA viewing area in North Texas, the broadcast will be shown through 21 affiliate stations:
- Abilene/Sweetwater, TX - KTAB CBS
- Alexandria, LA - KALB CBS
- Amarillo, TX - KCPN MyTV
- Austin, TX - KVUE ABC
- Beaumont / Port Arthur - KFDM CBS
- Bryan / College Station - KBTX CW
- Corpus Christi - KZTV CBS
- Dallas, TX - WFAA ABC
- EL Paso, TX/Las Cruces, NM - KVIA CW
- Houston, TX - KHOU.2 CBS
- Lafayette, LA - KLFY CBS
- Lawton, OK - KAUZ CBS
- Lubbock - KAMC CBS
- New Orleans - WUPL CW
- Odessa / Midland - KOSA CBS
- San Angelo, TX - KLST CBS
- Shreveport, LA - KSHV MyTV
- Tyler, TX - KYTX CBS
- Waco / Temple / Killeen - KWTX CBS
- Wichita, KS - KWCH or KSCW
- Wichita Falls, TX - KAUZ CBS
“We are very excited to usher in the New Year as part of the Big D NYE event,” said Stream Energy Chairman Rob Snyder. “We’ll use this occasion to feature the work of Captain Hope’s Kids, a non-profit advocacy for homeless children. In the broadcast, we will be joined by ORIX Foundation who will present Captain Hope’s Kids with a sizeable financial grant.”
ORIX Foundation, a Texas-based non-profit corporation, was established to support local non-profits that care for children, families and veterans.