Reclaim Your Personal Time
Posted On: October 16, 2017
In this day and age, it can seem like the tasks and trials of life are gobbling up all of your precious free time. Fear not, it’s easy to get back! All it takes is a plan, and a few handy tools.
1. Plan Ahead - First things first: map out your day in detail. By listing your priorities and setting specific goals ahead of time, you’ll know where and when to focus your energy. This way, you can preemptively eliminate the unessential parts of your day.
2. Streamline – The most important part. If you try to do it all, you’ll always be swamped. You need to:
- Delegate: not all tasks require you personally. Decide which ones are better off done by someone else, and ask them to pick up the task. This can be applicable at both work and home!
- Outsource: Sometimes it’s worth the extra money for the tradeoff of extra time. With the aid of technology, there are easy options for tasks that used to eat up time. A Roomba can continuously clean while you enjoy other endeavors. A lawn service provider takes yard-work out of your hands. Stream Virtual MD allows you to eliminate time wasted in waiting rooms by receiving a doctor’s consultation in the comfort of your own home. All of these are easy fixes that add up in gained time.
- Settle: This may seem like bad advice, but understand its power when used in the right circumstances. There are some tasks, some chores of yours, that do not require utter perfection every single time. When you successfully identify them, and adjust your effort level accordingly, you’ll begin to enjoy incremental gains in free time.
- Eliminate: let’s just be honest. Some stuff simply does not deserve your time. Maybe you don’t need to organize your spice rack alphabetically. Or manually log in to your account to pay your bills. Sign up for Stream auto pay to save precious minutes and peace of mind. You can even eliminate the time it takes for you to manage your account on your computer by using the Stream app on the go. A clearer calendar means more time for you!
3. Reap the Rewards – With all this newfound free time, it’s up to you to make sure it doesn’t go to waste. Decide how you want to spend it ahead of time to be certain it’s spent well. A good book, a cozy catnap, movie night, whatever! It’s your time, enjoy it.