Stream Energy, one of the largest energy retailers in the state of Texas, launched its employee wellness initiative called Highway to HEALTH in mid-August 2010. This program – available at no cost to its employees – promotes a full range of activities and services that are being offered as a tangible demonstration of Stream Energy’s commitment to our employees overall well-being.
The Highway to HEALTH initiative is a comprehensive program that features a wellness assessment, quarterly seminars, quarterly wellness challenges, preventive screenings and personal health coaching. Highway to HEALTH also includes a range of interactive wellness activities available to employees as well as related efforts focused upon helping those with specific health conditions.
As part of this program, all employees are incentivized to attain wellness points throughout the calendar, by participating in wellness seminars and exercise programs. By reaching a certain point total in the year, employees are eligible for sizeable discounts on their health insurance programs for the subsequent calendar year.
On Stream Energy’s online wellness portal, the company offers resources such as health calculators, medical dictionaries, prescription drug information, and personalized information about a variety of topics ranging from physical to emotional to financial wellbeing.
In 2011, Stream Energy offered a variety of programs such as:
- Money Management seminar
- BBVA Compass bankers onsite to answer questions and help employees open checking/savings accounts
- Gym representative onsite to provide discounted gym memberships to employees
- Weekly onsite yoga classes
- Onsite self defense/kickboxing class
- Opportunities to register for charity run/walk events
- Punt/Pass/Kick contest for employees
- Mo-vember participation for cancer awareness
- Fresh fruit provided in the office for employees every other week
- Healthy eating cookbook created from recipes sent in by employees
- Healthy eating potluck
- Flu shots
- Onsite blood donation
- A “Biggest Loser” weight-loss challenge
- Annual Wellness Assessment and Preventative Screenings onsite
At Stream Energy, we believe it is vitally important to take care of the people who take care of our customers and Associates.