Stream Energy is aware that many visitors to this website have real concerns for the potential misuse of their personal information. In this connection, any information provided by visitors will only be used by Stream Energy towards the personalization of the Internet experience or otherwise to facilitate services requested. Typically, Stream Energy does not collect highly-sensitive information from customers or other individuals, but rather only when it has been offered by our customers voluntarily, knowingly and for specific purposes (such as responding to informational requests or towards providing services).
Types of Information Collected:
We collect information from you depending on our business or contractual relationship with you. Some of the information we may collect includes:
- When ordering products or service or registering on our site: your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information
- With respect to energy customers: your billing and credit information, including your payment data, credit history, and social security number
- Information relevant to programs regarding energy efficiency, should you choose to participate
Use of Information:
In general, we use your personal information to manage your account, communicate with you, improve our provision of products and services to you, and to enhance your experience. Specifically, we may use your personal information for the following:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve service to our customers and users of our websites (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your requests and support needs)
- To process transactions, generate your invoice, and provide other billing and payment services to you
- To offer you special programs or opportunities regarding saving money on your energy bill or energy savings techniques
- To plan, implement, or evaluate energy management, demand response, or energy efficiency programs under contract with us
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To aggregate our internal data in order to better understand our customers’ product usage, to analyze rates, rate structures, customer growth, and demand patterns, or to improve internal efficiencies and processes
- To otherwise administer, manage, and improve our products, services, and operations
- To communicate with you regarding any of the above or regarding occasional company news, updates, or related product or service information.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via secured technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will be kept on file for more than 60 days in order to process recurring payments and the process of federal tax documentation. We maintain customer-specific energy usage and billing information for as long as reasonably necessary to serve you or our business, which is generally not more than seven years.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. In those cases, we require our contractors and vendors to enter into agreements with us requiring them to treat your information confidentially under the same privacy standards that we apply to our customers and employees. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others or that of Stream Energy. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page. In compliance with the requirements of Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Access to Your Information:
REPs may at any time determine the type of individual information that we possess and may further change personal data that is inaccurate or dated; for such requests, please contact Associate Support at 214-800-4500, which will promptly attempt to comply with REP requests. Stream Energy customers may make such requests by emailing email@example.com.
Stream Energy will take all steps deemed reasonable by us to secure any personal information in our possession and to keep such data accurate and contemporary. Yet while we require our employees and service providers to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by our firm, it is not possible to give absolute assurance that the information provided to us will be secure at all times. Accordingly, Stream Energy will not be held responsible for incidents resulting from any unauthorized access to your personal information. Stream Energy uses appropriate software to ensure the wellness and safety of this website, but does not warranty that this website or our digital correspondence with customers is free from harmful elements.